SECTION - I
Q.1. What are the implications of information explosion for the countries like Pakistan?
Q.2. "Journalism is playing a very significant role in the present day-Societies". Please comment.
Q.3. What role did the militant Muslim-press play in the subcontinent?
Q.4. Evaluate the role of electronic media in Pakistan.
SECTION - II
Q.5. What are the social implications of advertising?
Q.6. Discuss the state of press freedom in Pakistan.
Q.7. Write notes on the following:
(a) The scientific Society Magazine.
(d) Global Village.
Q.8. Write only the correct answers in the. Answer Book. Don’t reproduce the questions.
(1) A large size head1ine across the entire page is called:
(2) A sheet containing facts and detailed information on any issue is known as:
(b) Write up
(3) The key Narrator of a newscast or program is called:
(4) Mohammedan Social Reformer was the English Name of:
(c) Tahzeeb ul Akhlaq
(5) Daily Dawn Started in:
(6) Zamindar was launched by: -
(a) Maulana Zafar Ali Khan
(b) Maulvi Serajuddin
(c) Munshi Mahboob Alam.
(7) The first Editor of Dawn was:
(a) Desmond Young
(b) Altaf Hussain
(8) The number of radio stations, which Pakistan got in 1947 were:
(9). Daily Jung first appeared from:
(10) Hamid Nizami was the founder editor of:
(11) CPNE is the representative body of:
(b) Newspaper owners –
(c)Woking journalists -
(12) Television made its advent in Pakistan in:
(13) Leader is the name of:
(a) Leading story on the front page.
(b) Main Feature
(c) Opening Editorial
(14) Continuation of a story on another page is called:
(a) Carried –
(15) S.M.C.R. is a well-known:
(a) Communication Theory - -
(b) Communication Strategy
(c) Communication Model
(16) A story appearing with the name of the writer is called:
(a) Credit line
(b) By line
(c) Print line
(17) The largest mass medium in Pakistan is:
(a) The Press
(18) Dr. Goebbles is known as father of:
(b) Public Relation
(19) Radio Pakistan was converted to Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation in:
(20) A.P.P. is the abbreviation of:
(a) Allied papers of Pakistan
(b) Association of Publications
(c) Associated Press of Pakistan.